DUTCHESS, ROCKLAND, & PUTNAM
Questions? Please call one of the following:
914-478-1189 Liz Costanzo
914-271-5585 Ed Riely
For Voter Guide questions, please call
914-739-8256 Reg Riely
See more information and contacts below.
Election Day 2012
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
"Write in" means: where there is no pro-life candidate,
we ask you to write in a pro-life person's name.
The underlined candidates are endorsed by the Westchester Right to Life Party.
PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT
MITT ROMNEY & PAUL RYAN v. Barack H. Obama & Joe Biden
Wendy Long-R,C v. Kirsten Gillibrand-D,WF
16th Congressional District (N.Bronx, Yonkers, Mt.Vernon, New Rochelle, Pelham, Eastchester, Ardsley, Hastings, Towns of Scarsdale, Pelham, & Mamaroneck, only City of Rye)
Joseph McLaughlin -R v. Eliot Engel-D,WF
17th Congressional District (Rockland Co., Irvington, Dobbs Ferry, Tarrytown, Towns of Mt. Pleasant, Ossining, Cortlandt, Yorktown, New Castle, Harrison, Rye, Part of North Castle, Cities of White Plains and Peekskill)
Frank Morganthaler - 'We the People' Party v. Nita Lowey-D,WF & Joe Carvin-R
18th Congressional District (N. Salem, Somers, Bedford, Lewisboro, Putnam County, parts or all of Dutchess & Orange)
Write in v. Nan Hayworth5-R,"C", Sean Maloney-D, & Larry Weissmann-WF
------------------------------ NY State Offices ------------------------------
State Senate District #34
Fleetwood in Mt Vernon,
Bxvil in Eastchester,
Eastern shore of Bx up to Pelham Manor,
NW Bx Van Cort Pk & Riverdale to
Henry Hud.Pkwy Bridge E to Bx R Pkwy
or Elizabeth Perri4,7-C
v. Jeffrey Klein-D,R,I,WF & Carl Lundgren-G
State Senate District #35
W. Yonkers, Greenburgh,
Scarsdale, Part of Mt.Pleasant,
Parts of Eastchester & New Rochelle
|Write in v. Stewart Cousins D,I,WF unopposed|
State Senate District #36
Mt.Vernon below Cross Co Pkwy & NE Bx
between Bx R. Pkwy & Hutchinson R. Pkwy
|Write in or Robert Diamond4,7-C v. Ruth H. Thompson-D,I,WF|
State Senate District #37
Parts of NE&SE Yonkers,
New Rochelle, Pelham Manor, also
Mamaroneck, Harrison, Rye,
Portchester, Armonk, Bedford
|Write in v. Bob Cohen-R,C & George Latimer-D,WF|
State Senate District #38
Rockland Co. & Town of Ossining
|Write in v. Janis Castaldi2-R & David Carlucci-D,WF|
State Senate District #40
Cortlandt, Peekskill, Yorktown,
Somers, Bedford, Lewisboro, Eastern
Putnam Co. Beekman & Pauling
|Greg Ball1,3 -R,C v. Justin Wagner-D,WF|
State Senate District #41
Phillipstown, Putnam Valley, Kent,
Dutchess Co Except Beekman and Pauling
|Neil DiCarlo-C v. Steve Saland-R,I &Terry Gibson-D,WF|
|Assembly District #88||Write in v. Amy Paulin-D,I,WF unopposed|
Assembly District #89
Part of Yonkers & Mt Vernon
|Rosemarie Jarosz-C v. Gary Pretloe-D,WF|
Assembly District #90
NW, SE & SW Yonkers
|Write in v. Shelley Mayer D,I,WF unopposed|
Assembly District #91
Mamaroneck, New Rochelle,
Rye City, Rye town
|William Villanova-R,C v. Steven Otis-D,WF|
Assembly District #92
Greenburgh, Mt Pleasant,
Part of White Plains
|Write in v. Thomas Abinanti-D,I,WF unopposed|
Assembly District #93
Bedford, Harrison, Mt Kisco,
New Castle, part of White Plains
|Write in v. Robert Castelli3,4-R & David Buchwald-D|
Assembly District #94
North Salem, Somers Yorktown,
Putnam Valley, Carmel,
|Steve Katz-R,C,I v. Andrew I. Falk-D,WF|
Assembly District #95
Cortlandt, Ossining, Peekskill,
|Write in v. Kim Izzarelli2,4-R,C & Sandra Galef-D,I|
S. Dutchess Co.
|Kieran Michael Lalor-R,C,I v. Paul F. Curran-D,WF,G|
N. Dutchess Co.
|David Byrne4,6-R,C,I v. Didi Barrett-D,WF|
Matthew J. Troy III-R,C
1 Authored ban on sex-selection abortions. Although says life begins at conception, believes baby can be aborted if rape/incest.
2 Has not responded to rescheduling RTL Party interview or did not want RTL-9JDís support.
3 Voted against homosexual marriage and taxpayer-funded abortions. (If incumbent is State Senator, itís unknown how he voted in Senate Caucus re: same-sex "marriage")
4 Check with NYS Right to Life Committee on reply, if any, to their questionnaire or to incumbentís voting record.
5 Voted to allow sex-selection abortions. Hayworth has a 56% rating from the spending watchdogs, Club for Growth. She has spoken in favor of same-sex "marriage", putting her vote for DOMA in jeopardy, hence "C" in quotes after her name.
6 Questioned by Westchester Right to Life Party Chairman; not full committee vetting.
7 Please find out for yourself if person is pro-life & pro-traditional marriage.
|Click here for a printable document listing the Pro-Life candidates.|
|25th Congressional District||Ann Marie Buerkle-R,C v. Dan Maffei-D|
State Senate District #32
South Central Bronx
|Ruben M. Diaz-D,R,C v. David M. Johnson-I|
State Senate District #39
Stony Pt., W.Haverstraw,
W.shore of Hudson R. up to Parallel
with Poughkeepsie and bordering
Pine Bush, Wallkill, Gardiner, Baybrook,
(Chester, Monroe, Harriman included)
or William Larkin3,4,7-R,C,I
v. Christopher Eachus-D,WF
State Senate District #42
Part of Orange, Sullivan, & Ulster Cos.
|Write in v. John J. Bonacic3 -R,C,I unopposed|
State Senate District #43
Columbia Co, near Saratoga
v. Roy J. MacDonald-I & Robin Andrews-D
State Senate District #55
(retiring Alesi's district)
East Rochester, Monroe & Livingston Cos.
|Sean Hanna-R,C v. Ted O'Brian-D|
State Senate District #60
Buffalo, Grand Island
|Charles Swaniek-C v. Mark Grisanti-R & Michael Amodeo-D|
|Assembly District #96||
or Matthew T. Brennan4,7-R,C
v. Kenneth Zebrowski-D,WF,I
|Assembly District #97||
or Joseph T. Gravagna4,7-R,C
v. Ellen C. Jaffee-D,WF
Assembly District #98
Rockland & part of Orange Co.
Ann G. Rabbit-R,I
v. Gerard T. McQuade, Jr-D &
William A. Gerard-WF
Assembly District #99
or Kyle Roddey4,7-R,C
v. James G. Skoufis-D,WF
or Gary D. Linton4,7-R,C
v. Aileen Gunther-D,WF,I
or Claudia Tenny4,7-R,C,I
v. Daniel R. Carter-D,WF,I
or Peter D. Lopez4,7-R,C,I
v. James A. Miller-D
WE NEED PRO-LIFE PEOPLE WILLING TO WORK IN PUBLIC ARENA -
WE WILL TRAIN ON WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO SAY, WHERE TO GO
Contact: Liz Costanzo 914-478-1189 and Ed Riely 914-271-5585
DONATIONS GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED!
WE WILL PUT YOUR MONEY TO GOOD EFFECT
SEND NON-TAX DEDUCTABLE CONTRIBUTIONS TO:
RIGHT TO LIFE PARTY
HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, NY 10706
Click here for John Hall cartoon, your congressman in his best suit.
"Obama knows full well that abortion will be covered unless Congress explicitly excludes abortion."
Douglas Johnson, National Right to Life Legislative Director
Reprinted from National Pro Life News
Personally visit/call your congressman/senator.
Also, attend a town hall meeting near you.
The Hon. Andrew Cuomo E-Mail from: www.ny.gov
Executive Chamber, The Capitol
Albany, NY 12224
Federal Senator Kirsten Gillabrand Phone 202-224-3121
Federal Senator Charles Schumer Phone 914-734-1532
Sen. Jeff Klein Dist. 34 Phone 718-882-2049
Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins Dist. 35 (sponsor of this senate bill) Phone 914-961-3355
Sen Ruth H.Thompson Dist. 36 Phone 718-547-8854
Sen.Suzi Oppenheimer Dist. 37 Phone 914-934-5250
Sen.Vincent Leibell Dist. 40 Phone 845-279-3773
Assemblywoman Sandy Galef Dist. 90 Phone 914-941-1111
Other Counties need to call local board of elections to find out their state senators and assembly people
All the above Representatives are pro-abortion extremists.
(Leibell votes anti-life under pressure when his vote really counts.)
Governor Cuomo, like Paterson and Spitzer before him, intends to enshrine the protections of Roe v Wade into New York State law." The Governor believes that the Gonzalez v Carhart decision of the U.S. Supreme Court (April 18, 2007), which upheld a ban on partial-birth abortion, threatens the future of a "womanís right to choose and her right to privacy."
Concerns with the Governorís Program Bill include:
- It seeks to establish a "fundamental right of privacy" within New York State law, encompassing the right to "choose or refuse contraception" and the right to "bear a child or to terminate a pregnancy," as if both "choices" were equally valid and worthy of support. As a "fundamental right," the state would have to take proactive steps to guarantee that abortion is available and protected.
- It seeks to ensure that abortions are legal throughout all nine months of pregnancy if they are deemed necessary to protect the life or "health" of the mother. Courts have interpreted the term "health" so broadly as to include social, economic and emotional distress factors, rendering the term meaningless.
Current state law says abortions are legal in New York through 24 weeks of pregnancy (Article 125 Penal Law), but outlawed after that unless they are necessary to save a womanís life. Because of flawed court decisions like Roe v. Wade, this law cannot be enforced, so abortion is already legal in New York through the third trimester of pregnancy for reasons of life or "health." The Governorís plan ignores the state's legitimate interest in protecting the life of fully formed third-trimester children in the womb.
- It would allow post-viability abortions to be performed on an out-patient basis in clinics that go virtually unregulated by public health authorities, endangering both women and unborn children. Moreover, the Governorís bill would not allow for the type of support facilities necessary to assist a baby who might be born alive in the course of an abortion.
- It would remove New Yorkís abortion-related laws from the criminal code and place them in the public health law, leaving regulation of abortion solely up to the medical profession. The elimination of all references to the homicide laws is part and parcel of a national abortion advocacy campaign that seeks to deny that abortion is the killing of a human being.
- It seeks to make abortion virtually immune from any state regulation or restriction. Reasonable regulations such as parental notification for abortions performed on minor children, informed consent for pregnant women regarding the risks and alternatives to the procedure, and restrictions on taxpayer funding would not be permissible under the Governorís plan.
Yet all such regulations are completely permissible under Roe v Wade and subsequent U.S. Supreme Court decisions, and a majority of states have enacted them. Thirty-five states require parental involvement in a childís abortion decision, 32 states require counseling before an abortion is performed, and 32 states restrict Medicaid funding of abortion.
- It would repeal the requirement in current law that says only doctors can perform abortions. The Governorís bill would allow any health care practitioner to perform the procedure: a dentist, nurse, podiatrist, social worker, physician assistant, chiropractor, midwife, even an optometrist. This dangerous and extreme change clearly puts women's health at risk, and mirrors a national abortion strategy to expand the scope of various health care practitioners to specifically include abortion.
- It seeks to eliminate conscience protection in current law by requiring every institution licensed or funded by the state Ė including religious hospitals, agencies and schools Ė to support abortion, provide coverage for abortion, or to perform abortions. The Governorís bill declares that "the state shall not discriminate" against the exercise of the fundamental right to abortion in the "provision of benefits, facilities, services or information."
- It seeks to suppress all efforts to enact an "Unborn Victims of Violence Act" by refusing to recognize the unborn child as a second victim of the crime in cases of assault against pregnant women. The Governorís bill would specifically label such crimes as causing "serious physical injury to the woman," refusing even to acknowledge the unborn, viewing him only as an appendage of his motherís body. Moreover, the crime of "serious physical injury to the woman" would only apply if the child died as a result of the incident -- with no criminal penalty applied if an attacker caused serious but non-fatal injuries to the child.
For the sake of pregnant women and their unborn children,
the Governorís Program Bill must be strongly opposed.
I am sick and tired of my money being used to kill innocent pre-born children. Your policy condones and subsidizes fetal girls and boys being torn limb from limb, burned alive by saline, painfully poisoned and asphyxiated by RU486, and partially born only to have their heads punctured and their brains sucked out. I demand that this be stopped. This blood bath is not what tax money is meant to accomplish. NY is broke.
It's crucial that he have this message from all of you as soon as possible. Note: Letters and postcards carry more impact than e-mails. Your voice really does count. You're not only doing this for yourself, but also for the unborn and the millions of women who have been scarred by the tragedy of abortion.
Albany, New York 12224
To e-mail, go to this site address: http://126.96.36.199/govemail
NYS Government site address:
Regina Riely - 914-739-8256
Your Local Right to Life
Political Activities Information Contacts
Stacia Vogel--Western New York--716-997-3360
Eileen Peterson --Rockland County--845-429-2077
Mary MalarkeyóRockland Countyó845-947-1620
Joseph Carr, Sr.--Putnam County--845-628-4690
Cathy Beyrer--Putnam Countyó845-628-1290
Peg Doherty--Putnam Countyó845-628-8997
Wendy Wood--Orange Countyó845-294-9209
Christine Tighe--Orange County--845-496-0391
William Conroy, Jr., Esq.--Orange County--845-386-9323
Virginia Sutton--Sullivan and Orange--845 733-1038
Elizabeth Costanzo--Westchester County--914-478-1189
Marietta Canning--Staten Island--646-662-3914
Carlo Versella--Staten Island--718 448-4024
John Cronin--Queens--516 297-8171
Christea Garifalia--Queens & Brooklyn--347 885-3099
Anthony Murty--Niagara--716 283-4201
Right to Life Links